INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES - BAS
Associate Professor Boyan Simeonov Metev, PhD
SCIENTIFIC QUALIFICATION AREA
NAME AND OFFICE ADDRESS
Institute of Information Technologies
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Acad. G. Bonchev St., Bl. 2
Phone: (+359 2) 870 41 23
Fax: (+359 2) 872 04 97
Russian, English, French
1968 - Technical University - Sofia, M. Sc.
1977 - Computational Center of Russian Academy of Sciences, Ph.D., mathematics
Associate Professor at the Institute of Information Technologies - Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. Head of "Modelling and optimization" department. Deputy director.
SCIENTIFIC AND TEACHING ACTIVITY
Research scientific projects
||Modeling of complex systems and multiobjective analysis in the decision making process. Contract with IIT-BAS, 1995-1997
|| Computer modeling of decision making process in multiobjective decision support systems. Contract with National Science Fund at Ministry of Education and Science, НФНИ-И-616/1996, 1996 - 2000
|| Analysis of complex control systems and multiobjective optimization models. Contract with IIT - BAS, 1998 - 2000.
|| Modeling of systems with parametric uncertainty and analysis of multiobjective optimization problems. Contract with IIT - BAS, 2001 - 2003.
||Matrix methods in control system modeling and two-step procedures in multiobjective optimization problems analysis. Contract with IIT - BAS, 2004 - 2006.
In the New Bulgarian University during a period of 3 years a course in operations research.
Tutor of 3 Ph.D. students, one of them has finished his education and has diploma.
- B. Metev – Upper and Lower Bounds for the Minimum of a Linear Function over the Efficient Set. Cybernetics and Information Technologies, Vol.8, No 4, 2008, pp. 20-26.
- Б. Метев, Горни и долни граници за стойността на минимума на линейна функция върху ефективното множество на МКЛП задача. IIT/WP-221B, ноември, 2006
- B. Metev, V. Vassilev, Estimating the minimum of a function over the efficient set of a MOLP problem - some experiments. Cybernetics and Information Technologies, Sofia, Vol. 6, No 1, 2006, pp. 45-57.
- Metev, B., V.Vassilev. A method for nadir point estimation in MOLP problems. Cybernetics and Information Technologies, vol. 3, No 2, 2003, pp. 15-24.
- I. Moustakerov, B. Metev, V. Monov. INFO1: A file-based management information system. CIT, vol. 2, No1, 2002, pp.103-105.
- Vassilev V., B. Metev, M. Vassileva, K. Genova. Classification Based Algorithm Solving Multicriteria Linear Integer Programming Problems, IIT/WP-115, November 2001.
- Metev B., D. Gueorguieva. A simple method for obtaining weakly efficient points in multiobjective linear fractional programming problems, European Journal of Operational Research, (EJOR), vol. 126, 2000, pp. 386-390.
- Metev B., D. Gueorguieva. A method for approximate estimation of the nadir vector in MOLP problems, Working Papers IIT/WP-59, December 1998.
- Metev B. Obtaining weak Pareto points for multiobjective linear fractional programming problems, Problems of Technical Cybernetics and Robotics, vol. 47, 1998, стр. 53-58.
- Metev B., I. Yordanova-Markova. Multiobjective optimization over convex disjunctive feasible sets using reference points. EJOR-European Journal of Operational Research, Volume 98, No 1, 1997, pp. 124-37.
- Metev B. Applications of reference point method for the analysis of linear fractional programing problems. Problems of Technical Cybernetics and Robotics, No 46, 1997, pp. 21-31.
- Metev B., D. Gueorguieva. The feasible point method for solving linear fractional programing problems - two special cases in the applications for multiobjective problems. IIT Working Papers IIT/WP-35, 1997.
- Metev, B. Use of reference points for solving MONLP problems, European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 80, 1995, pp. 193-203.
- Metev, B., I.Braianov. MOLP problems: a finite set of nondominated points corresponding to a given finite set of reference points. IIT/WP-3, October 1995.
- Metev, B., I.Yordanova Use of reference points for MOLP problems analysis, European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 68, 1993, pp. 374-378.
1. INFO 3 - Information system for scientific and application activities of Geophysical Institute - BAS, 2003.
2. INFO 2 - Information system for scientific and application activities of CLHG - BAS, 2002.
3. INFO 1 - Information system for scientific and application activities of IIT-BAS, 2001
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Bulgarian Society on Operational Research
International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision Making
Last update: January 2009